Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pet peeve

So this is going to be a rant centered around one of my biggest pet peeves.

As some know, I post regularly in a forum, and I love it. Most of the people are great and supportive, but there are a few... well... fuck being nice, they're dumbasses. Most of the ones that piss me off are the young teen girls who go on and on about when they get pregnant blah blah blah or the guys (who don't have kids and aren't in relationships) that are 100% against abortion and birth control. But today... it's the non parents and some parents.

The topic under discussion is discipline and where the line is between discipline and abuse. This quickly turned into a spanking is bad-blah-blah-whinny-bullshit-shut the fuck up kinda thing.

Now... I believe in discipline, if that includes spanking, have at it! Everyone is different, every kid is different, every parent is different. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I admit that I sometimes will spank Ash. I know sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes just the threat works. As she gets older it's easier to talk to her about her behavior and correct it that way. It's also getting easier to reward good behavior because she is starting to grasp more social constructs. I don't know if that's the right word, and I really don't give a shit right now.

But what gets me... what pisses me the fuck off... Is all the non parents that do the whole, "when I have kids I would never..." blah blah crap. Yeah, when you have kids. Sure. Of course you'll be a great parent and your children will be perfect little angels and never have any problems and you'll just be one big happy family with no problems at all and will just be nothing but smiles! Good for you! Now, go have kids, and talk to me in a few years. Let's see how much shit you keep hiden and swept under the rug.

But the ones that are parents and say that shit... it's like... Good for you! Would you like a cookie? I'll make sure to send you a card that says "Congratulations on being a better parent than I am! I can only hope to be just like you!"

Or the ones (both groups of self righteous dumbasses) that go on and on about how if they were in my shoes... Are you volunteering to care for my child and have it a go? No? Then shut the fuck up and mind your own fucking business. Oh, you do what to have a go at it? Not so easy now was that? Of course it's because I've already tainted the child and if she had been with you since birth she would be much better. Would you like a cookie?

Seriously... Oh the various gods and goddesses please do not let the self righteous dumbasses reproduce! And if they already have, lets expose their skeletons.

No comments:

Post a Comment